They are hypodermic needles preloaded with an absorbable PDO suture.
PDO Stands for Polydioxanone
- It's a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery).
It's one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 5 months & won't leave you with any scar tissue.
How does it work?
1. Controlled Healing:
- in medical terms "Selective inflammatory Response", it is the principle behind a log of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical peels & MicroNeedling).
Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting PDO threads we make it by creating new collagen, naturally!
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn't means your skin won't react to it. During the 4 to 6 months need to fully absorb the PDO suture. Your skin is also repairing itself around it.
2. Mesh or Lift:
There are two types of procedures with PDO Threads:
- The first one (Using Smooth threads) consists of creating a mesh under the skin (i.e. 2 sutures inserted vertically & 3 sutures horizontally). Sort of like a #hashtag or a net.
This mesh will serve as the foundation for our new collagen production. This technique tightens the skin naturally from within. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change!
- The other technique (using barbed threads) is utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The PDO sutures have "barbs", which provide a grip underneath the skin,
Sutures are inserted the same way, except they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning, just like with the Smooth threads, the skin will then build new collagen which will secure the lift!
RESTORING THE V-SHAPE
A beautiful and healthy face has a "V-Shape". With the aging of tissue and the action of gravity, this "V-shape" diminishes or inverts.
The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissue and keep them in the "V-shape"
or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the "V-shape" where it's been lost.
BEST PROCEDURE FOR NECK & JAWLINE
Although PDO Threads can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline.
The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulin toxin or injectable fillers,
which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
"No pain & no discomfort whatsoever. I can see an improvement right away, it was instant gratification & I'm very pleased with the results."
"I felt very confident & very comfortable. Completely painless."
"Minimaly painful & went by quicker than I thought. I like that I can instantly go in & I can see the results. I don't have to wait for things to happen in the course of time."